The core AXMEDIS factory is provided by the AXmedis Content Processing Area (AXCP), a cutting edge scalable content processing solution. Content production, management and distribution activities can be automated with the AXCP GRID solution (for example: automatic content authoring, content repurposing, producing massive amount of licenses, and many others).
The AXCP, as a GRID solution, allows creating in short time saving costs automating content management solutions, among the others, for:
- DVB, VOD, POD, IPTV, WEBTV, with interactive parts;
- PC, PDA, P2P, Kiosks and mobiles with interactive parts;
- single and multiple distribution channels, formats and devices;
- single and multiple DRM models on distribution channels;
- content and news filtering and repurposing;
- video, audio and text fingerprint and recognition;
- control P2P networks, content sharing and distribution;
- content processing, adaptation, transcoding;
- collecting content and metadata, metadata integration, processing and enrichment;
- advertising (customized and/or real time personalized advertising inside the package or linked from outside);
- personalised content production, protection and packing.
AXCP Main Technical capabilities:
AXCP GRID solution allows automated management of: content, metadata and licensing information, etc., with the operations of ingestion, crawling, database management, indexing, processing, adaptation, transcoding, encoding, decoding, descriptor extractor, recognition, filtering, production, archiving, storing, packaging, preview, extracting fingerprint, licensing, DRM, profiling, protection, encryption, accounting, enrichment, network management, etc.
AXCP tools can be integrated and controlled by your applications and/or workflow management systems.
AXMEDIS allows you to reduce costs and increase efficiency of your content management. AXMEDIS supports the whole value chain. It makes real and simple the convergence of media, the transcoding of media, and the interoperability of content enabling multi-channel distribution (e.g., mobile, satellite, kiosk, iTV, web, P2P, interactivity) real and simple. It provides a flexible and interoperable DRM, for both B2B and B2C across traditional and P2P distribution platforms.
The AXCP tools
AXCP GRID solution consists of:
- AXCP Rules which can be:
- activated for content processing on any AXCP Node as well as on a single computer;
- used/parameterized to produce content on demand or to be integrated in your content factory;
- activated from your Workflow Management System or from any other application;
- activated by changes in remote objects and queries in the local database and on the P2P network.
- AXCP Nodes allow to be controlled by an AXCP Scheduler. The stand alone version of the AXCP Node can be used for executing AXCP Rules for ad-hoc processing and activation without demanding their allocation and scheduling to the AXCP Scheduler.
- AXCP Standalone Node allows you to put in execution a single AXCP Rule from your applications and servers via a simple shell command. This solution is an easy way to access to the whole functionalities ofthe AXCP without calling the Web Service AXCP Scheduler.
- AXCP Scheduler to allocate and manage AXCP Rules on Nodes:
- scheduling and balancing jobs/processes on AXCP Nodes according to the content production and processing needs in terms of time and resources: (i) balancing nodes workloads, (ii) Deadline 3 Automating content production protection and distribution Monotonic, (iii) starting time, (iv) optimization with Taboo Search (the latter is in progress);
- activating jobs as sporadic and periodic tasks, controlled by other tools and/or web services;
- monitoring progress of production processes and their status, etc.
- AXCP Rule Editor allows you to produce, debug, test and validate AXCP Rules to execute them on AXCP Nodes via AXCP Scheduler (industrial computers or computers in your offices delegating a part of their CPU).
- AXCP Quick Start allows you to activate Rules in simple manner by passing them parameters; for examples a collection of objects, a path, a database, a query, a list of files, etc., or just a click.
- AXMEDIS Content Production Tools: AXMEDIS editor and GRID AXCP tools, PnP, DRM editor, etc., all you need to create AXMEDIS objects and process any kind of content manually and automatically: SMIl, HTML, content adptation,, fingerprint, crawling, indexing, cms, search, retrieval, control of P2P, etc.
- AXMEDIS Editor Tool: AXMEDIS Editor, Authoring Tools, MPEG-21 authoring editor, SMIL, HTML, Cross media content, DRM editor, workflow, scenarios editor, metadata mapper, SMIL viewer, HTML viewer, metadata editor, MPEG-21 player, MPEG-4 player, etc.
Reliability and Redundancy:
The AXCP solution is reliable, scalable and fault tolerant and can grow with your needs. AXCP nodes can run multiple copies of the same rules on the same content facilitating the set up of fault tolerant solutions and recovery in case of server or disk failure. AXCP nodes are capable to automatically reconnect to the AXCP Scheduler after a lack of connection. They can be located in the local network as well as remotely. The status of the AXCP scheduler is continuously saved in order to recover the last stable situation after a disaster, thus to set up fault tolerant solution.
The AXCP solution is scalable in terms of the number of AXCP Nodes and Schedulers. It works on a single computer with all inside as well as on hundreds/thousands of industrial or desktop computers (putting at disposal a part of their CPU power and file systems). Each node may share file systems and access independently on the network and thus on databases. Thus, solutions with large numbers of distributed databases are possible to realize Data and/or Computational GRID solutions.
The AXCP solution is based in MS Windows XP. AXCP Scheduler and Nodes can be executed on high performance multi CPUs computers or single low resources computers depending on your needs in terms of performances. AXCP is provided as software or as hardware/software solution ready to be integrated in your company according to your needs. Training, integration and maintenance services are available.